Need help understanding the Affordable Care Act’s new marketplace and the special enrollment qualifications? Please contact Lou Hulin, a certified marketplace navigator:
337.989.0001 or 337.298.5461
On Thursday April 10th she will be at the main library (242 W. Main St., Ville Platte) to help you obtain coverage if you qualify for special enrollment in the healthcare marketplace.
Open enrollment ended on March 31st; visit this website to get more information:
This website can help you with scheduling a healthcare enrollment appointment or a speaker for your next meeting or event. For more information, call: Vallian Senegal, M.A.
Kids and teens: please pick up special Easter coloring sheets April 7th through 11th at the Chataignier Branch. The branch is open 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, and is right next to the community center in Chataignier.
Sheets must be turned in by close of business (5 p.m.) on Friday April 11th at the Chataignier Branch. Sheets will be judged in three age categories, and the winners announced before Easter.
Judging categories are ages 3 through 5, ages 6 through 12, and ages 13 through 17.
Thank you for your participation and for helping us to get the Chataignier Branch decorated for Easter!
The Friends of the Library will meet Tues. March 18th at 5:30 p.m. at the current Main Library (242 W. Main St., Ville Platte). Everybody is welcome. For more information, please contact Friends President Paula Lafleur at 831-1891. Come and bring a friend!
The Library Board of Control will meet Monday March 17th at 4 p.m. at the current Main Library (242 W. Main St., Ville Platte). The meeting is open to the public, and public attendance and comments are very welcome. Refreshments will be served. An agenda is posted at the library.
The Main Library and all branches will be closed Tuesday March 4th for Mardi Gras. Staff wish everybody a very happy and safe Mardi Gras in Evangeline Parish.
In State Library News…
- 2014 LOUISIANA READERS’ CHOICE AWARD WINNERS
- STATE LIBRARY ANNOUNCES POETRY MONTH PROGRAM LINEUP
- STATE LIBRARY ANNOUNCES 2014 TEEN VIDEO CHALLENGE
- STATE LIBRARY TO CELEBRATE BLACK HISTORY MONTH
- THE HOUSE ON COLISEUM STREET FEATURED AS BOOK FESTIVAL COMMUNITY READ
- LOUISIANA BOOK FESTIVAL CELEBRATES YEAR OF LOUISIANA MUSIC
- FIVE WRITING WORDSHOPS AVAILABLE BEFORE LOUISIANA BOOK FESTIVAL
- CHRISTINE WILTZ NAMED 2013 LOUISIANA WRITER AWARD WINNER
- LOUISIANA BOOK FESTIVAL RETURNS FOR 10TH ANNIVERSARY THIS FALL
- 2013 LETTERS ABOUT LITERATURE CONTEST WINNERS